Kyle Harwood is an attorney and water resources professional who, prior to becoming a partner at Egolf + Martinez + Harwood, was owner of Harwood Consulting, PC which provided legal and interdisciplinary water resource consulting services in New Mexico.
Kyle has advised clients on land and water law regulation and policy issues and he litigates these issues in courts throughout the state. Kyle also drafts regulations and policy for clients and has authored numerous articles on water resource issues and lectured on land use and water law. Kyle represents public, private and nonprofit clients, as well as governmental clients, in water and natural resource issues, including special master assignments and expert witness services.
Kyle is a New Mexico State Bar Board Certified Specialist in Natural Resource Law - Water Law. Kyle is certified as an instructor for the New Mexico Real Estate Commission. Hundreds of real estate professionals have benefited from the classes he teaches in water law. Kyle is a former board member and chair of the New Mexico State Bar Natural Resources, Environment and Energy Law (NREEL) Section.
Kyle's home is an historic ranch in La Cienga, NM, outside of Santa Fe, where he raises 3 young sons with his wife Elege Simons Harwood.
- University of New Mexico School of Law, Albuquerque, New Mexico
- J.D. - 1999
- University of New Mexico
- M.P.A. - 1996
- Major: Water Resources
- Cornell University
- B.S. - 1993
- Major: Natural Resources
- Board Member, El Rancho de las Golondrinas
- Instructor, New Mexico Real Estate Commission
- Harwood Consulting, PC, Owner
- City of Santa Fe, Assistant Attorney
- New Mexico State Bar Natural Resources, Environment and Energy Law (NREEL) Section, Board Member
- New Mexico State Bar Natural Resources, Environment and Energy Law (NREEL) Section, Chair
- New Mexico State Bar, Former NM Legal Specialization Commissioner
Certified Legal Specialties
- Board Certified Specialist Natural Resources Law and Water Law, New Mexico State Bar, 2014 - 2019
- Water Law
- Real Estate Law
- New Mexico, 1999
- U.S. District Court District of New Mexico, 2003