Mark Cox specializes in complex civil litigation in a wide variety of fields, including wrongful death, multi-district litigation, toxic torts, medical malpractice, and civil rights. Prior to joining Egolf + Ferlic + Martinez + Harwood, Mark worked for a prominent insurance defense firm for over four years. Mark also clerked at the New Mexico Supreme Court for two years after graduating law school.
Mark is a fourth-generation New Mexican who was raised in Fence Lake and Silver City, New Mexico. Mark received his Juris Doctorate from the University of New Mexico School of Law in 2013 where he was an Articles Editor for the New Mexico Law Review. Mark also had his student law review article published in the Spring 2012 edition of the New Mexico Law Review. Prior to law school, Mark worked as a deck-hand on a commercial fishing vessel in Kodiak, Alaska for five summers, which allowed him to travel to over 30 countries.
- University of New Mexico School of Law, Albuquerque, New Mexico
- Honors: cum laude
- New Mexico State Universiry
- B.A. - 2010
- Major: English/Literature
- First Judicial District Bar Association, President
- New Mexico Defense Lawyers Association , Former Member
- DRI - The Voice of the Defense Bar, Former Member
- New Mexico
- U.S. District Court District of New Mexico
- U.S. Court of Appeals 10th Circuit